18 julho 2006

Welcome outside


"I very rarely make comments about my private life.

But as so many of you have given me your heart and soul over the past 10 years I thought it only fitting that I too return the respect and inform you of the most significant event in my life.

On June 19th 2006 I married my boyfriend of two years, Richard, in a Civil Partnership ceremony in London. I can honestly say it was the happiest day of my life.

I'm proud of who I am, and after what felt like an eternity, I'm finally in a place where my heart is secure and content.

To the people who buy my records, come to my shows and demonstrate on a daily basis their love and support for me and what I do: thank you.

To my Mum, Dad, Sister and Brother - thanks for always being so cool and loving me unconditionally.

With love and respect always
Darren Hayes"

Podermos ser como somos a 100% não deveria ser um privilégio, mas para muitos homossexuais infelizmente ainda o é. Por isso parabéns ao ex-vocalista dos Savage Garden, Darren Hayes, que anunciou no seu site ser homossexual e ter casado com o seu namorado. Muitas felicidades aos dois!
Darren Hayes, the former Savage Garden frontman, has come out of the closet and also announced that not only has he been lucky enough to find love, but he also had the opportunity to affirm his commitment to his partner and his right to marriage equality by tying the knot with his boyfriend in London.
[via]

0 bitaite(s):

Enviar um comentário