21 abril 2005

Tenho dito



Extracto da recente entrevista de Moby ao site PlanetOut em que ele fala sobre gay-bashing:

You have always been very pro-gay, but you were gay-bashed in Boston a few years back, simply because your attackers thought you were gay. I was thinking about what kind of effect that must have had on you, but I was also wondering about what kind of an effect being gay-bashed would have on someone who was really homophobic, like 50 Cent. I wonder, if the same thing happened to him, whether it would change his outlook on gays.

"I don't know, because homophobia is something I've never understood. I mean, discrimination and prejudice in general are things I don't understand, but homophobia? I've grown up in New York and spent most of my life hanging out in gay nightclubs, so I don't understand how anyone can be offended by gay culture or homosexuality in general.

As a matter of fact, I was talking to my friend Laura, who sings on the record, and we're both getting to the point where we want to start families. We're convinced that if we have children, we're going to do everything in our power to make them gay. Like maybe drinking a lot of extra soy milk while she's pregnant, or anything that would work to make that happen. I'd just rather have a really sharp, interesting, smart gay son than some big dumb hetero meathead.

But to answer your question about being gay-bashed, because I have grown up in New York and have spent so much time in the gay community, in a weird way -- and this may sound presumptuous -- it made me feel a renewed sense of solidarity with the gay community. One of the things I love about living in New York is that it's one of the few places in the world where gay couples can walk down the street holding hands and kissing, and no one bats an eye. Sometimes I forget that the rest of the world isn't like that. I cannot imagine how awful and how sad it must be to not be able to express love in an honest way in public."

via PlanetOut.

0 bitaite(s):

Enviar um comentário